ANNOUNCEMENTS

ACHIEVEMENTS what CBRRA do in the community
BECOME A MEMBER and raise the level of community spirit
SEND US your suggestions and comments
READ MORE about City of Cape Town’s activities & policies
FAULT REPORT system introduced by the City Council
VISIT Waste Control for more details about your recycling

Monday, 11 October 2010

Apartment gutted in Camps Bay

A student sustained burns and another person suffered from smoke inhalation when a fire broke out in an apartment block in Camps Bay on Sunday afternoon, Western Cape paramedics said.

“It is believed that a young male student who was the sole occupant of the apartment, allegedly fell asleep with a cigarette,” said Netcare 911 spokeswoman Lauren Copley.

“Several Metro fire and rescue vehicles also rushed to the scene to extinguish the fire, which entirely gutted at least one apartment in which the student was staying.”

Paramedics said the man sustained first degree burns to the neck, while another person, believed to be a neighbour, was treated for smoke inhalation.

The student was stabilised on the scene on Geneva Drive before being taken to hospital. - Sapa