ANNOUNCEMENTS

ACHIEVEMENTS what CBCRA do in the community
BECOME A MEMBER and raise the level of community spirit
SEND US your suggestions and comments
READ MORE about City of Cape Town’s activities & policies
FAULT REPORT system introduced by the City Council
VISIT Property Valuations for more details about your CV22

Monday 5 September 2022

Recycling Collection Confusion Update

From Nicole Jowell's Facebook page:

Monday's recycling collection will be in the two areas noted below with "Mon" on the map below. These are the only collections tomorrow. Please note that there is NO collection in Camps Bay and Clifton this week – as that will happen next week (as per the 2-week cycle).

I can only apologies for the terrible confusion for the recycling collections. I am as frustrated as you are! In fact at a meeting on Tuesday last week with the entire Cape Town leadership I stated that this was going to be a massive problem. With contradictory communication from the department and the contractor circulating.

I have confirmed with WasteWant on Friday that these areas will be collected on Monday 5th Sept. The next collection will then be on Monday 19th Sept.

After demanding clearer communication and that this is dropped into every post box in the area, we were presented with a draft on Friday afternoon which I was not happy with as I believe it still creates too much ambiguity. So hopefully this can be finalised on Monday the 5th of Sept.

If I can appeal to you to please help to spread the word, tell your neighbours and WhatsApp groups. I am going to continue to push for better communication around this and I thank the cleansing department who have been dealing with additional street cleaning locations as a result.






No comments:

Post a Comment