ANNOUNCEMENTS

ACHIEVEMENTS what CBCRA do in the community
BECOME A MEMBER and raise the level of community spirit
SEND US your suggestions and comments
READ MORE about City of Cape Town’s activities & policies
FAULT REPORT system introduced by the City Council
VISIT Property Valuations for more details about your CV22

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Clifton teacher fought off an attempted rape

Federica Bacecci, 33, a translator and teacher from Italy, was getting out of her car outside her home when she was approached by a man asking for money.“I told him I did not have any coins. Then he looked around to check if there was anyone there and grabbed me from behind,” said Bacecci.

He pushed her down on to the tarmac of her driveway and dropped on top of her.

“I realised he didn’t want the money, otherwise he could have taken my wallet. I even had my computer with me.” He began touching and kissing her. Bacecci screamed, hoping a security guard would come, “but there was no one”.

Despite the weight of the man on top of her, Bacecci crawled into the middle of the road, still struggling. “That’s when a car suddenly stopped next to us and a woman jumped out.” The attacker fled.

“The man (in the car) kept telling her not to get involved,” said Bacecci. “And then they left me there - I don’t think they could understand me because I was crying and I have an accent.”

Police spokesman Captain FC van Wyk said a charge of sexual assault had been laid at Camps Bay police station. No arrest had been made. Clifton has been plagued in the past by crime, much of it linked to the vagrants living in the caves. According to the annual figures released last month, crime in Camps Bay has dropped significantly across the board, but there has been an increase in the number of sexual crimes reported.

kieran.legg@inl.co.za

Cape Argus
http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/woman-foils-would-be-rapist-in-cape-1.1589306#.UwSAZZFWwpE

No comments:

Post a Comment