ANNOUNCEMENTS

ACHIEVEMENTS what CBCRA do in the community
BECOME A MEMBER and raise the level of community spirit
SEND US your suggestions and comments
READ MORE about City of Cape Town’s activities & policies
FAULT REPORT system introduced by the City Council
VISIT Property Valuations for more details about your CV22

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Der Bachelor Season 4 Camps Bay

From: Chris Willemse
Subject: Re: Der Bachelor Season 4 Camps Bay
Date: 09 October 2013 at 5:06:08 PM SAST
To: Giles Harris

Hi Giles

The CBRRA has carefully discussed the filming of the Bachelor in Fulham Rd and, after discussions with certain affected neighbours, has resolved that it cannot support this shoot.

The primary objection is to the legality of the operation.

There exist title deed restrictions and Zoning Scheme regulations that will be transgressed by this operation. Whereas the City are empowered to consider temporary relaxations of the ZS, the same is not applicable to title deed restrictions which are praedial servitudinal rights enjoyed by the owners of property in the area on a reciprocal basis. These rights may only be relaxed by the Provincial Minister of Planning after extensive public participation, which clearly has not occurred, or by the neighbours themselves, which has also not been forthcoming.

In the circumstances, the CBRRA cannot support any undertaking that is not in conformity with the law - and is of the opinion that the City would be erring on the side of expediency if it grants the filming permit.

Given that it is, ultimately, the City that grants permission for this film shoot, please keep the CBRRA in the loop as to the progress of your application.

Cheers

Chris

cnwillemse@gmail.com
0836536363


On 09 Oct 2013, at 4:34 PM, Giles Harris wrote:

Good afternoon Marga and Chris

I hope everyone has been considering my request in a very positive light. I haven't heard anything negative yet and I'm hopeful that no news is good news.

I have been able to arrange a demo of our Octocopter for in the driveway of 21 Fulham Rd at 20h00 on Tuesday 15 October and I've invited all the neighbours to attend in a letter that I distributed last night.

I have also knocked on all the neighbours doors and spoken with whomever will speak to me regarding our shoot in an attempt to sell our shoot.

Please let me know if there is anything else that you feel I could do to help this on and remove obstacles.

Thank you,

Giles Harris
Unit?Locations for Triosphere
doonit@gmail.com
083 299 8876


On 8 October 2013 10:27, Giles Harris wrote:

Good morning Marga and Chris,

Thanks once again for having me at your meeting last night. I really appreciate it.

I have spoken to Camps Bay Primary School this morning regarding the parking situation and they have agreed that we may park between the tennis court and the actual soccer(?) field. Pat Readman from the school assures me that that is what has been done in the past and it has worked out fine. Also, the tent (9x18m) has always been placed between the tennis court and the building there and has been out of the way of anyone wanting to use the field.

We will be parking our standby generator truck in that car park on these Night Of The Roses, though. This will be the only bay that we need and I will be sure to put in a film permit application for this with the CTFPO as well as speak to the Hussar as a courtesy.

I have spoken to our executive producer regarding the Octocopter Camera Drone and asked that we never use it after 10pm. He agrees with me that that would be a better idea.

I have ,unfortunately, not yet set up an alternative time for the test of the drone. It is coming from Germany and will only arrive on Monday 14 October. If it is alright with you, I'll come back to you at a later stage with something concrete about when we can test this thing for noise.

So the only possible big issue that I still face is the generator truck that we would like to park in the cul-de-sac on Ottawa Rd.

I will be knocking on the residents doors this evening and leaving everyone in both Ottawa and Fulham roads with a letter with all the dates and possibly all the difficulties laid out. I guess that if there are any concerns, we should start to hear about them from tomorrow onwards.

Dates for filming in Camps Bay and 21 Fulham Rd are as follows:

15/10 Interview with the Bachelor interior at 21 Fulham. Small crew.
16/10 Helicopter arrival CB High School. Tracking shots and Octocopter motorbike ride from school to 21 Fulham
17/10 Rehearsals of Night Of The Roses (NOR).
18/10 Film NOR
23/10 Film NOR
24/10 Possible beauty shots of Camps Bay using Octocopter (new addition, not confirmed)
28/10 Film NOR
02/11 Film NOR
06/11 Film NOR
25/11 Film final NOR

We do expect the first Night Of The Roses to finish later than the subsequent ones, as we iron through some of the teething problems. Normally, though, I believe that we can be looking at 3am as a realistic time for all crew and activity to be finished.

Please let me assure you once again that I will take every care to keep crew silent and low key at all times.

Please don't hesitate to get hold of me should you need any additional information or if there is any problem that I should be dealing with.

Thanks you,

Giles Harris
Unit/Locations for Triosphere
083 299 8876



No comments:

Post a Comment